You will gain:
- better understanding of mental health and wellbeing
- improved literacy on talking about your own and others' mental health and wellbeing – starting the conversation
- understanding of your own and others' stress and strategies to reduce them
- understanding of what a mentally healthy organisation looks like
Accompanying this year’s talk by MHFA England’s Poppy Jaman, this session, hosted by Jaan Madan, will enable a deeper understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Introduction to mental health and wellbeing. What is it? Why are we so interested in it?
- Impact of mental ill health – understanding the business case as well as values behind creating healthier workplaces and communities
- Stress container – how we can better understand, manage and support our own wellbeing as well as in others
- How do we create healthier workplaces?
The session will be highly interactive, based around discussion and learning instead of presentation. It will be hosted by Jaan Madan. Jaan is head of the Client Experience Team at Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England CIC, and leads on the organisation’s engagement with workplaces in a broad range of sectors. He brings a wealth of experience to share with participants.